Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Schedule for a New Year

I thought for this next year, it might be a little easier for me to think of blog posts if I was on more of a schedule. So here goes:

Monday Updates: I will post new additions to my store, project updates, and other news
Tuesday Tip or Tutorial: I think this one is pretty self-explanatory
Friday Feature: I will feature a different interior designer and their work every Friday starting locally and moving out from there.

For now, Wednesdays and Thursdays will be freebies to write about anything unless I can think of a good topic for those days as well.

Since I forgot to photograph the new additions in my store (I'm off to a great start already! haha) I will write about a quick update in our home.

Brian and I have been thinking more seriously about finishing one of the main spaces in our basement to create our vintage movie theater that we've been wanting. We've taken dimensions and are currently researching products (well, at least I am) as well as figuring the costs so we can see what we can afford at this time. Most likely the theater will be completed in multiple stages to help with the cost, as well as the time it will take to complete everything.

For now, I'm just gathering inspiration:

I love the stone used in the first couple of images. I think this look goes with the feel of our arts and crafts style home and also goes with the feel of the basement (not to mention will go with the wine cellar we hope to add after the theater......I know, I know. One thing at a time! I run out of money waaaaaaay faster than I run out of ideas!)

Also, we will probably have shelving on either side of the screen similar to the first picture.


More stone and this ceiling is amazing!

I love the murals painted on the walls of the next two images. It would be fun to include some movie scenes from our favorite movies. 
 

I'm loving these curtains in front of the screen but I don't think we'll go this route. The theater is going to be the main tv in the house (I don't like tvs in the living room) and the curtains may be too formal.....not to mention expensive!! Yards and yards of velvet = buku bucks. 


The curtains would however, look awesome with our vintage theater seats we bought last year. Can't wait to start redoing those!


Hope all of you had a great New Year's Eve and a fantastic New Year!

~Laura

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a vintage movie theater basement! Can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don;t think I would leave the house :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Have an exquisite day.
    xx
    Priscilla Joy
    House of Tulips

    ReplyDelete