Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Philharmonic Showhouse

http://dpva.org/showhouse.html



I am very excited to be participating in my very first Showhouse to benefit the Dayton Philharmic Orchestra. I feel so lucky to have even been selected to participate, let alone to have been given such a large space (yes, it is on the third floor up an extremely narrow staircase barely wide enough to get anything up them, haha) I decided to do a children's playroom....funny how I love childrens' rooms but I'm not actually a big fan of most kids. This is my description that I wrote for the program to give you an idea of what it will be like:

"Climb the narrow stairs to the third floor and leave the world of grown-ups behind. A kingdom of fairytales and adventure awaits. Energetic colors, bold patterns and a play on scale all come together to create something delightfully enchanting. This whimsical place was created to let kids be kids, limited only by their imaginations."

I have spent the past month working hard on making my space come to life....in addition to several design projects for clients, staging a home, AND planning this wedding of mine. Hopefully you understand why I don't have as much time to devote to my blog as I would like. Here is a taste of what will be in my space. To see the rest...well, you're just going to have to visit the showhouse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment