Friday, June 17, 2011

Meet the Elsmore

So I know I posted a story in the past about purchasing my home, so I figure it would be nice for you to actually see some photos of it! Especially since my next post will be about the bathroom Brian and I are remodeling ourselves.


So here's Bedroom Number 1: This will be our bedroom because it actually has a decent walk-in-closet. Surprising in a 1923's home.




The previous owners hand-painted the beautiful craftsmen style border but we wanted to choose a wall color that would compliment it better, as well as the furniture and draperies we will eventually be putting in here.


So we ditched the Christmas theme and painted it this nice gold color which is much prettier and less mustardy in person.


Bedroom number 2 is just slightly smaller than bedroom number 1 but has a teensy closet (that will be Brian's muahahahaha) This room has beautiful original windows that were an upgrade when the family built the house because they are not in the original plan. Another upgrade was the basement. The original plan called for a 7' basement.....we're so lucky that our basement ceiling is 8.5'! This bedroom has since been painted an olivey green color that really compliments the wood tones. However, you will have to wait until this guest room is finished in its entirety before I post pics of it.


For some reason this is the only photo I have of the living room. This was after we moved some stuff in even though neither of us were living there at the time. In fact, I didn't move in for a good month and a half after we bought it because I was house sitting. It was very difficult to wait!

In this picture Brian and Dadio took down the giant mirror that hung above the fireplace and found this cool vintage wallpaper. We took the wallpaper down so that we could paint but we saved a large piece of it and put it in a frame.

Well, that's about it. For some reason I don't have any photos of the dining room, kitchen, basement or attic. I will just have to add those later. And as for the bathroom, you'll see that in a bit as well. Ever see a mirror in a shower instead of tile? Well, you're in for a special treat, haha.


Laura

p.s. this is right after Brian got his wide-angle lens for his Christmas/birthday present. Can you tell he's slightly more than obsessed??

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have done a beautiful job transforming your home! I have been obsessed with the old Sear's kit houses forever. I would love to tackle one...someday.

    ReplyDelete